Saturday, June 13, 2009


The other day I was able to ordain a new member of the Church as an Elder. I gave him the line of priesthood authority showing the priesthood was given to me by my father. I am grateful to have had such a wonderful example of a steady, righteous priesthood holder throughout my life. Not only has it blessed me and my family but now carries on into others people’s lives and will bless their families as well.

I am thankful to a mother who always sustained and supported my Dad as the priesthood leader in our home.
Mom has shown me the true power of motherhood and has taught this to Heather as well. Together they showed us that one cannot be strong without the other. Because of their loving example, Heather and I teach this principle in our home. The influence of mom and dad on me will be seen through my boys and their children.

Deep down I probably always knew Mom and Dad were right even when I told mom I was going to call CPS because she was so mean and Dad slaved me in the yard and on job sites. Now I work with kids who really were saved by CPS and I have a deeply ingrained work ethic that has accelerated my career. It’s all mom and dads fault. Thanks for being patient, setting firm limits, and teaching the value of hard work.

Love,
Ben, Heather, Jack, Will, Rowan, and Truman

No comments:

Post a Comment