Saturday, June 13, 2009

Best Parents

On the subject of raising children and good parenting: I always tell people the same thing. There is no perfect way to raise kids. My parents were pretty close though. All through my childhood I frequently saw mom and dad reading their scriptures, and on their knees in prayer. What better example can a child have? I didn’t always know it, or fully appreciate how well mom and dad took care of us. Now that I am older and know a little more about life, I can see that we had it pretty good.

They made sure that we lived in an area where the church is strong, and the schools are exceptional. We received well balanced nutrition. We often ate things like stir-fry, and fajitas. As a child I didn’t ever appreciate stir-fry. Now that I know some about health and nutrition I eat stir-fry all the time. Still not a favorite, but I know it’s good for me. We always had fresh fruits on the kitchen counter.



A lot of this I took for granted for a long time. It all sounds like little things until you see kids that don’t have quality books in their schools, healthy food to eat, or enough kids their age to make the church programs enjoyable. I’m grateful for all that mom and dad have done to make sure we had the best possible childhoods. Yeah they are pretty much the best


1 comment: